Friday, March 13, 2009

Back From Vaca - Wedding Planning Commence!

Michael and I had a great mini vacation. We visited Albuquerque, Taos, and Santa Fe. We even stopped at 4 New Mexico breweries. We returned late Tuesday night and now it's Friday already. One of our favorite attractions was the Albuquerque Zoo. Here is a photo of us in front of the flamingos:While we were in Taos, I made sure we stopped by Artwares Contemporary Jewelry. I knew they carried K. Brunini Jewelry and I wanted to see if they had anything in her "Twig" Collection (see blog post from 12/26/08). They did not. But they did have another ring I was fond of. The designer is Roberto Coin. Here is what it looked like: As far as wedding planning goes, there has been progress on the floral front. I met with Floral Designer, Douglas Koch. I first met him at a wedding show in Catskill in 2008. A few weekends ago, we met for several hours at his home office in Athens, NY. I loved his ideas, his breadth of knowledge, and obvious experience. Since then we have been negotiating and tweaking a proposed contract. I will keep you posted. The highlights of the wedding and reception floral design are: hydrangeas, roses, grape vine, and burlap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the theme elements montage. Your wedding is going to be so ristically elegant! Or is it elegantly rustic?

Anonymous said...

You definitely don't want a wedding that is ristically elegant...I don't even know what that is. Rustic elegance is much better. Ok, I'll stop posting now.